Roger Nye

Default Sharing worksheets between English and German versions

Hi,
I am using Excel 2003 in English and a colleague is using Excel 2000 in
German.
We need to share files, which works fine with worksheets - functions are
translated automatically, but not VBA macros.

Is there a way to work together with these different versions, short of
keeping 2 independent versions. Or can VBA macros be compiled to a
language-neutral form?

Many thanks
Roger
Ron de Bruin

Hi Roger

VBA is working between English/German
Show the problem code lines

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Roger Nye" wrote in message ...
Hi,
I am using Excel 2003 in English and a colleague is using Excel 2000 in
German.
We need to share files, which works fine with worksheets - functions are
translated automatically, but not VBA macros.

Is there a way to work together with these different versions, short of
keeping 2 independent versions. Or can VBA macros be compiled to a
language-neutral form?

Many thanks
Roger

Roger Nye

Sorry, I meant Zelleliste not Zellen.

"Roger Nye" wrote:

Hi Ron,
It is specifically function names used in VBA

For instance the line in English:
y = x_range.Cells(i + 1, 1).Value

would only work for my colleague if he translates function and object names
to German:
y = x_range.Zellen(i + 1, 1).Wert

Did you do anything special in the set-up, or swap DLLs or something?

Regards
Roger

"Roger Nye" wrote in message ...
Hi,
I am using Excel 2003 in English and a colleague is using Excel 2000 in
German.
We need to share files, which works fine with worksheets - functions are
translated automatically, but not VBA macros.

Is there a way to work together with these different versions, short of
keeping 2 independent versions. Or can VBA macros be compiled to a
language-neutral form?

Many thanks
Roger

Ron de Bruin

Hi Roger

I never see this

Can you send me a example workbook(private) with your english VBA
I will test it on a Dutch machine then

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Roger Nye" wrote in message ...
Hi,
I am using Excel 2003 in English and a colleague is using Excel 2000 in
German.
We need to share files, which works fine with worksheets - functions are
translated automatically, but not VBA macros.

Is there a way to work together with these different versions, short of
keeping 2 independent versions. Or can VBA macros be compiled to a
language-neutral form?

Many thanks
Roger

michaelg1

I've some similar problem. The translation looks fine but in the german
version for a lot of cell I only see '#Bezug' in there. Also the Makros stop
with a runtime error.

Any Idea???

May I send you the file too?

Greetings Michael