defacto100

Default Formatting Columns in Excel

Howdy all,

I have a problem with my spreadsheet that I'm hoping someone can help
with. I have created a new spreadsheet and formatted the columns to
suit the data that I am entering. I have other data emailed to me from
another co-worker and whenever I cut and paste the data on to my master
spreadsheet I have to re-format the columns that have been just added.
My question is, is there a way to format the columns so that whenever
date is cut and pasted to my document it will automatically change the
formatting to default to the same as my master document?

By the way, I created a duplicate spreadsheet for my co-worker which is
identical to the master that I formatted specifically to avoid this
problem but for some reason whenever he emails it to me the formatting
has changed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch

Def

Niek Otten

The formatting that your co-worker sent you shouldn't have changed unless he
explicitly changed it.
Anyway, try Paste Special and check Values

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel