Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Save as type

When I want to save an Excel spreadsheet, I have many options when it comes
to "Save as type". What I want to know is what all those options mean? Yes,
I know the basic ones, but while some are common sense, others are a mystery.
Isn't there a white paper which explains these options in more detail, and
when they are used and for what purposes. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One place... Windows Explorer | Tools | Folder Options | File Types (tab)
Another place... http://www.fileinfo.com/
And another... Wikipedia
--
Jim Cone