Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Jon is offline

Default Negative

I have a summary sheet for a month's worth of data and I need the negative's
that appear to come out as zero's
--
Jon
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this amendment to your existing formulae in those cells:

=MAX(0,existing_formula)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Apr 30, 1:42*pm, Jon wrote:
I have a summary sheet for a month's worth of data and I need the negative's
that appear to come out as zero's
--
Jon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Custom format the cells to the below (from menu FormatCellCustomType)

General;"0";0

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"Jon" wrote:

I have a summary sheet for a month's worth of data and I need the negative's
that appear to come out as zero's
--
Jon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jon,

Use this formula:
=IF("Cell Reference"<0,0,"Cell Reference")
--
If this helps, please click "Yes"
<<<<<<<<<<<

"Jon" wrote:

I have a summary sheet for a month's worth of data and I need the negative's
that appear to come out as zero's
--
Jon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hopefully your numbers are generated by formulas. Then you can modify them
to read
=IF(your_formula<0,0,your_formula)
or
=IF(your_forumula,your_formula,0)
or
your_formula*(your_formula0)

Or, if it is only for appearance and no further calculations are involved,
use a custom format like
#,"0","0"

best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jon" wrote in message
I have a summary sheet for a month's worth of data and I need the
negative's
that appear to come out as zero's
--
Jon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Jon is offline

this is a summary page from a months worth of data ='April 15'!E26 is what
appears in the formula bar.
thanks
--
Jon

"Jon" wrote:

I have a summary sheet for a month's worth of data and I need the negative's
that appear to come out as zero's
--
Jon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

OK, copy/ paste special Values to see the actual value, then undo it so you
don't lose the formula. If there's a negative value in there normally,

=IF('April 15'!E26<0,0,'April 15'!E26)

Should work fine...

"Jon" wrote:

I have a summary sheet for a month's worth of data and I need the negative's
that appear to come out as zero's
--
Jon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The problem may be that your sheet shows zeros as blanks, do the following
Office button -- Excel Options -- Advanced -- Display options for this
worksheet -- Show a zero in cells that have zero value.
--

"Jon" wrote:

I have a summary sheet for a month's worth of data and I need the negative's
that appear to come out as zero's
--
Jon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Jon is offline

no joy....I have an actual value show with copy/ paste special Values but
when i put in =IF('April 15'!E26<0,0,'April 15'!E26) it comes up
blank.......sigh
thanks
--
Jon

"Jon" wrote:

I have a summary sheet for a month's worth of data and I need the negative's
that appear to come out as zero's
--
Jon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Jon is offline

Thanks, I've tried these and they just come back blank. In other cells when
they are zero's they come back as a zero value.
--
Jon

"Jon" wrote in message
I have a summary sheet for a month's worth of data and I need the
negative's
that appear to come out as zero's
--
Jon

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Jon is offline

Thanks,...tried that. It fills in all the blanks but still leaves that one
cell with a negative number
--
Jon

"מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote:

'Tools' 'Options...' 'View' tab.
Micky

"Jon" wrote:

Office button???
--
Jon

"Jon" wrote:

I have a summary sheet for a month's worth of data and I need the negative's
that appear to come out as zero's
--
Jon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jon, I am not sure whether you have tried the suggestion of custom formatting
the cells to

General;"0";0
(This will display 0 for -ve values and 0's)

General;"0";""
(The above will display 0 for -ve values and blank for 0's)

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)