Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default formula for finding numbers that add up to a spicific number

I have a cloumn of numbers. I need a formula that will select 4 of these
numbers that add up to a known number.
example:
column C has the following numbers 4, 8, 12, 6, 21, 28, 17, 20, 24
I need to for of these numbers that add up to 50
What formula can I use?
--
Aljar
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
Look here

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/te...ues/index.html

"Aljar" wrote:

I have a cloumn of numbers. I need a formula that will select 4 of these
numbers that add up to a known number.
example:
column C has the following numbers 4, 8, 12, 6, 21, 28, 17, 20, 24
I need to for of these numbers that add up to 50
What formula can I use?
--
Aljar

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aljar View Post
I have a cloumn of numbers. I need a formula that will select 4 of these
numbers that add up to a known number.
example:
column C has the following numbers 4, 8, 12, 6, 21, 28, 17, 20, 24
I need to for of these numbers that add up to 50
What formula can I use?
--
Aljar
You could use SumMatch from SumMatch.com, is a low cost Excel Add in that is used by Auditors and Accountants
Attached Images