Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default count cells in a document, but excude cells with a "0"

I want to count the number of cells that have a value greater than "0", but
not use a range. The cells that will be counted are every other cell in that
column.

EX:

45
22<--
18
6<--
9
17<--
2
0<--

so my answer would be "3", the amount of cells that have a value greater
than "0". the arrows are not on the work sheet they are just used to point
out which cell I need counted.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You have not given any cell references where your data is but a fomual like
this should be close...

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$10), 2) = 0), --($A$1:$A$10<0))

It looks at cells on even rows in A1:A10 and counts those cells that are not
equal to zero. To look at odd rows use MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$10), 2) < 0

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson