Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default "Count non blanks" if cells don't equal certain values

I need to figure out a formula that counts the non blanks in a row, but omits
non blanks equalling "UA", "UE" and "AA".
Can anyone give me a simple formula please, I've tried all sorts of IFs,
AND's and MAYBE's thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you want to exclude only the three values you mentioned then try
=COUNTA(B1:B9)-COUNTIF(B1:B9,"EE")-COUNTIF(B1:B9,"UA")-COUNTIF(B1:B9,"UE")

You can comeup with more elegant formulas but all of them will essentially
do the same process...

Adjust the range according to your data.

Click 'Yes' if this helped.

"thegymshoe" wrote:

I need to figure out a formula that counts the non blanks in a row, but omits
non blanks equalling "UA", "UE" and "AA".
Can anyone give me a simple formula please, I've tried all sorts of IFs,
AND's and MAYBE's thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=256-COUNTBLANK(1:1)-COUNTIF(1:1,"AA")-COUNTIF(1:1, "UE")-COUNTIF(1:1,"UA")

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200858

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Replace the characters within the quotes with your values and adjust for
your ranges:

=COUNTA(A1:Z1)-SUM(COUNTIF(A1:Z1,{"AA","BB","CC","DD","EE","FF"," GG","HH"}))
--

HTH,

RD

"thegymshoe" wrote:

I need to figure out a formula that counts the non blanks in a row, but
omits
non blanks equalling "UA", "UE" and "AA".
Can anyone give me a simple formula please, I've tried all sorts of IFs,
AND's and MAYBE's thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry must have posted it wrong - how do you include everyone in the reply?
As you can see Im new to this!

The answer is what I'm looking for - excellent thanks

"thegymshoe" wrote:

I need to figure out a formula that counts the non blanks in a row, but
omits
non blanks equalling "UA", "UE" and "AA".
Can anyone give me a simple formula please, I've tried all sorts of IFs,
AND's and MAYBE's thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Don't understand your comment ... I don't see anything wrong with your
posting!

Anyway, you're welcome and thank you for the feed-back.