Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default CountIf 2 columns

Hi

I need a formula to count cells in one column containing dates depending on
the contents of a differnt column like SumIf has the option
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
=COUNTIF(A2:A5,"South")

"Phippsy" wrote:

Hi

I need a formula to count cells in one column containing dates depending on
the contents of a differnt column like SumIf has the option

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you are looking to count the dates which falls on a certain month..try the
below formula which count the number of dates in ColA which falls in the same
month as the date specified in cell B1.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(A1:A100,"mmyyyy")=TEXT(B1,"mmyyyy")))

If this is not what you are looking for please elaborate with an example..

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"Phippsy" wrote:

Hi

I need a formula to count cells in one column containing dates depending on
the contents of a differnt column like SumIf has the option

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can add more conditions as below....

ColA date = same month as in cell B1 and ColC = cell D1

=SUMPRODUCT((TEXT(A1:A100,"mmyyyy")=TEXT(B1,"mmyyy y"))*
(C1:C100=D1))

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)