Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Find anomalies in a list of data

I have a table of values for 5 different geographical areas. I want a formula
that will look at 4 of the areas and compare it to the value of the 5th. If
any of the areas are totally different than all the other values (ie. an
anomaly) it will return the name of the area
A B

1 NI 12
2 South 37
3 Laganbank 9
4 Balmoral 18
5 Belfast 15

Therefore if we take Belfast as the comparator(B5), i want a formula that
will search the list from NI-Balmoral (B1-B4) and it will return the name
South (A2) as the value 37 (B2) is an anomaly. For this example we will look
for any values B5+10 or < B5 -10.
therefore any values that are not within the range 5-25.