Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Ken is offline

Default skip 0 average

How do average a colum of numbers? I will ignore the $0 number.

Thank you very much!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way...

Try this array formula** :

=AVERAGE(IF(A1:A20<0,A1:A20))

key then hit ENTER.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ken" wrote in message
How do average a colum of numbers? I will ignore the $0 number.

Thank you very much!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On 4/23/2010 5:52 PM, Ken wrote:
How do average a colum of numbers? I will ignore the $0 number.

Thank you very much!

If you have Excel 2007

=AVERAGEIF(A1:A10,"<0")

= = = = = = =
HTH :)
Dana DeLouis
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=AVERAGE(IF(A1:A6<0,A1:A6))

ctrl+shift+enter, not just enter

"Ken" wrote:

How do average a colum of numbers? I will ignore the $0 number.

Thank you very much!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Non array formula

=SUM(A1:A6)/COUNTIF(A1:A6,"<0")