Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Identify Differences Between four columns of data

I have 4 columns of data. The first two columns have 500 rows and the second
two have 700 rows. I need to identify the differences between the columns.
The data is representative of the following:
Invoice # INV Amount Invoice # INV Amount
530878 0 530878 47.6
530878 0 530878 144
530878 127.2 530878 38.4
530878 31.2 530878 26.4
530878 47.6 530878 104
530878 30 530878 192
517605 55.2 517605 104
517605 68.8 517605 120
517605 0 517605 0
517605 0 517605 72
517605 72 517605 95.2
517605 95.2 517605 55.2
517605 104 517605 68.8
517605 120 517605 0

What is the best way to do this?
--
Tickfarmer
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not sure what you really want.

if you are only comparing information by row
assuming the information is in A-D(and starting on row 2) in E2 put in the
equation
=and(a2=c2,b2=d2)

my guess is that you want a different comparison than that.

Then (guessing what you want) what I would do is to have in column E the
formula (in Cell E2)
=text(a2,"000000")&text(int(B2*100),"0000000000")

Note the number of "0" in the text function only needs to be a large as the
largest number (plus 2)

copy down

in column F (in
=text(c2,"000000")&text(int(d2*100),"0000000000")

copy down

sort column E by itself

sort column F by itself

use either the match or lookup funtions on the shorter list on the longer
list.

--
Wag more, bark less