fitzy

Default identify different data in two columns

this should be simple I know - excuse is that I've just returned back to work
after being out sick for five months so have foggy brain.

I have exported two lists of names into excel from two different areas. All
i want to do is find out the names missing from column B which are included
in column A. These are names from a database that shows the names of people
working on certain jobs and I need to make sure that the list I keep showing
skills and rates inlcude all the people from the job list, which is horribly
out of date
aristotle

Hi Fitzy,

VLOOKUP() should do the trick...

=COUNTIF(A1:B:B)

If 0 is returned then you know that the name does not appear in column B.

Cheers,

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a
habit.