Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default protecting a file from extension change deletion or move

hi can anyone tell me a way to stop a user of one of my spreadsheets from
changing the file extension, deleting the file or moving it elsewhere within
our drives? my sheets are used by many poeple and added to daily but it seems
someone has been careless and accidentally deleted some vital sheets any help
would be greatly appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As long as the users have to edit and save the workbook, I don't think you'll be
able to do anything to stop people -- well, not by excel alone.

If I had to rely on excel, I'd have to use macros to try to stop this behavior.
And users can disable macros and do what they want.

And lots of things can be done outside of excel -- just by using windows
explorer.

--

Dave Peterson