Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Lookup Formula

I'm not sure if this would be a look up formula, but is there a formula where
I can type in a number in one cell and in the cell next to it, it will pop up
a description that i've written in another cell connected to that number on
another sheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

EXCEL 2007

Please refer to:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

Item number 93.

In Sheet1 in cells A2 to A6 entry of any one of these numbers:-

200 / 400 / 500 / 600

- will return, respectively, any one of:-

60 / 10 / 10 / 20

- in cells B2 to B6.

The, "conversion table" is found on Sheet2.

Just amend the Workbook to suit your requirements.

Thanks.

I'm not sure if this would be a look up formula, but is there a formula where
I can type in a number in one cell and in the cell next to it, it will pop up
a description that i've written in another cell connected to that number on
another sheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Emily

Supposing that your entries are on Sheet2 with a number in column A and
a description alongside that number in column B.

On sheet1, you enter a number in cell A2, then paste this formula in B2
=IF(A2="","",VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!A:B,2,0)
Copy down as required
--
Regards