Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I insert a file into Excel 2007 spreadsheet ?

The old Excel command Insert-Object does not exist anymore, instead only these
Insert {Tables | Illustrations | Charts | Links | Text }

I want to insert a general application file, I pretended it is a .Jpg file
by renaming it and attempting Insert - Illustration -From File, but of course
this was rejected.

I also tried using a macro, the essence of which was
Set myPict = .Parent.Pictures.Insert("C:\MyFile.Dat.Jpg")
but this had the same effect.

I finally tried good old drag-and-drop into a cell, but this simply opened
up the binary in a separate Excel window (apparently importing it as CR-LF
delimited rows into the spreadsheet), which means that the file is not
recoverable.

Any ideas?