Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JJ JJ is offline

Default Seperate data

I need help please. How do I go about to seperate data in one cell ex:
A1
1-------2-b0-40810
A2
2-----------1-03-0060

I typically want to seperate cell A1, 1------from 2-b0-40810 and
cell A2, 2------from 1-03-0060.

Tx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1-------2-b0-40810

The hyphen between 1 and the second piece; represent real hyphen or some
other text values..Could you post the actual data or confirm whether the
samples posted are the real ones.

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"JJ" wrote:

I need help please. How do I go about to seperate data in one cell ex:
A1
1-------2-b0-40810
A2
2-----------1-03-0060

I typically want to seperate cell A1, 1------from 2-b0-40810 and
cell A2, 2------from 1-03-0060.

Tx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JJ JJ is offline

Jacob

this is the actual data. you will see from the data that the second piece of
info is not all in line.

tx.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JJ JJ is offline

The length of data of the second section is not all the same. Some are 9
characters long and others are 11 characters long.

Tx.

"JJ" wrote:

I need help please. How do I go about to seperate data in one cell ex:
A1
1-------2-b0-40810
A2
2-----------1-03-0060

I typically want to seperate cell A1, 1------from 2-b0-40810 and
cell A2, 2------from 1-03-0060.

Tx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

With data in A1

In B1
=LEFT(A1,MIN(SEARCH({0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9},MID(A1,
FIND("-",A1),255)&"0123456789"))+FIND("-",A1)-2)

In C1
=MID(A1,LEN(B1)+1,255)

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"JJ" wrote:

I need help please. How do I go about to seperate data in one cell ex:
A1
1-------2-b0-40810
A2
2-----------1-03-0060

I typically want to seperate cell A1, 1------from 2-b0-40810 and
cell A2, 2------from 1-03-0060.

Tx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JJ JJ is offline

hi Jacob

I tried it and it works great. Tx, appreciate your assistance.