Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Problem with subsets for multiple Report Filters in 2007 PivotTabl

I have 2 fields in my PivotTable's Report Filter section - 'Country' and
'City'.

When I filter by 'Country' it doesn't automatically restrict the possible
values in the 'City' filter to cities within the selected country - any ideas
how to do this?

I'm sure 2003 used to do this sort of subsetting :(

Any help would be appreciated!
Gordon.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Gordon

No, I'm afraid there is no change between Xl2003 and XL2007 as far as
this is concerned.
There is no dependency between the two fields when both are selected as
Page fields.

If Country were a Page field, and City was a Row filed, then providing
you hadn't ticked the option to show items with No data, only the rows
belonging to that Country would show up.

I think you may be confusing it with Autofilter, where selecting the
Country, would hide all of the rows that are not that country, so by
definition, you only see a list of the cities that also have that same
value for country.
--
Regards
Roger Govier