Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2003 Pivot Formatting

On my pivot table i have formatted the sub total rows as "bold" and
"aline right".

Each month fresh data is dropped into the base table, so long as the
number of rows is the same each month everything is fine.. but if
there is an extra row in the base data then although that row feeds
through into the pivot ok.... all of the formatting is lost.

Is there a way to retain the pivot formatting even though the base
data may vary each month.(I have already set the table options to
"preserve format" and have unticked "auto format")
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Bob

When you do your formatting, you need to hover the cursor over the left
side of the first Subtotal row till you see a solid black arrow pointing
to the right. Click the mouse button at this point. This will
automatically select all sub-total rows.

Apply the formatting that you want, and it will get applied to all
subtotals, and Excel "knows" this is how you want to treat subtotal rows
and will adjust accordingly as the report layout alters.
--
Regards
Roger Govier

Bob wrote:
On my pivot table i have formatted the sub total rows as "bold" and
"aline right".

Each month fresh data is dropped into the base table, so long as the
number of rows is the same each month everything is fine.. but if
there is an extra row in the base data then although that row feeds
through into the pivot ok.... all of the formatting is lost.

Is there a way to retain the pivot formatting even though the base
data may vary each month.(I have already set the table options to
"preserve format" and have unticked "auto format")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bob wrote:
On my pivot table i have formatted the sub total rows as "bold" and
"aline right".

Each month fresh data is dropped into the base table, so long as the
number of rows is the same each month everything is fine.. but if
there is an extra row in the base data then although that row feeds
through into the pivot ok.... all of the formatting is lost.

Is there a way to retain the pivot formatting even though the base
data may vary each month.(I have already set the table options to
"preserve format" and have unticked "auto format")

Thanks Roger i have spent hours trying to find a solution to that
simple problem.