Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default autofilter

in this photo we have three rows but there are blanks between them

in this photo there are no blanks because i autofiltered the blanks between
them.

i want to autofilter the first photo and copy a b c while autofiltered but
excel won't let me do that.

the real spread sheet is 8000 rows long with huge gaps between the filled
cells so i really can't do that unless i use the autofilter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select all your data + column headings before applying the autofilter. By
default Excel tries to figure out the data range to include for the
autofilter. It stops when it encounters an empty row. By selecting all the
data first you are telling Excel what range to include in the autofilter.

To copy autofiltered data you must select only the visible cells. After
selecting the block of filtered cells, press F5 Special Visible cells
only OK. Then copy.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"kylefoley2000" wrote:

in this photo we have three rows but there are blanks between them

in this photo there are no blanks because i autofiltered the blanks between
them.

i want to autofilter the first photo and copy a b c while autofiltered but
excel won't let me do that.

the real spread sheet is 8000 rows long with huge gaps between the filled
cells so i really can't do that unless i use the autofilter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hutch,
i want to do the reverse of what you recommended. in sheet 2 i have data
that was the autofiltered version of the data in sheet 1. i made some
changes on the data because with the blanks removed it was easier. now i
want to take that data and copy it back into sheet 1 but sheet 1 must be auto
filter format for me to do that. let me draw some more pictures.

in step one i have sheet 1 (in the real spreadsheet there are about 8000
rows with gaps of about 10 cells between them)

step two, i filter out the blanks

step three i paste the results on a new sheet and add columns aj and ak
together, the result being in al

step four is the step i cannot do, i'm trying to paste the results in column
al back onto sheet one so that they are the sum of the two cells to their left

"kylefoley2000" wrote:

in this photo we have three rows but there are blanks between them

in this photo there are no blanks because i autofiltered the blanks between
them.

i want to autofilter the first photo and copy a b c while autofiltered but
excel won't let me do that.

the real spread sheet is 8000 rows long with huge gaps between the filled
cells so i really can't do that unless i use the autofilter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

here, i see that this forum won't let me post pictures, i have the pictures
uploaded at mrexcel

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthr...40#post2284740