Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default cell selection troubleshooting

Every time I open my excel doc and try to click on just one cell, it and the
4 below it are selected. It doesn't matter where in the document I click,
either. I don't know how to undo it and wonder how I can fix this annoying
glitch. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Betty
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
are you using 2007??
if so, this may be a reported bug.
some have claimed success by adjust the zoom.
http://tinyurl.com/3wofsf

regards
FSt1
"Moraga Betty" wrote:

Every time I open my excel doc and try to click on just one cell, it and the
4 below it are selected. It doesn't matter where in the document I click,
either. I don't know how to undo it and wonder how I can fix this annoying
glitch. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Betty

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello again. You were right. Every time extra cells were selected, I flicked
the zoom and the problem went away. Too bad you have to do it every time but
it is an excellent short term solution. Thanks so much for suggesting it.

Betty