Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to change default date formula on Excel worksheet

Excel 2007
Want to change the default formula for date on worksheet.
Currently any date input auto displays as "17-Apr" for example.
I know how to format to display 4/17/2010, but want this as default when I
open the worksheet.

In excel 2003 it was easy set up in "Options" in 2007, I can't seem to
figure how to set this default.
Advises please

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Change it Windows CP, Regional & Language Options.

--
Regards
Dave Hawley
"alexanderoux" wrote in message
Excel 2007
Want to change the default formula for date on worksheet.
Currently any date input auto displays as "17-Apr" for example.
I know how to format to display 4/17/2010, but want this as default when
open the worksheet.

In excel 2003 it was easy set up in "Options" in 2007, I can't seem to
figure how to set this default.
Advises please

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How are you entering the dates?

If just m/d you will always get 17-Apr no way to change that.

If m/d/yyyy you will get 4/17/2010 if your Windows Regional Settings for
short date are such.

You misremember about Excel 2003.

There is no default date setting in "Options"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP