Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default vlookup based on IP range

Hi Every One,

I hope you all are doing well, I required your help to resolve my issue in
excel.

On single worksheet i have two different sheet name as 1.IP Range 2. Result.

Question:
EG:IP Range

Start IP End IP
Area

192.168.1.4 195.182.254.254 AG
10.15.33.10 10.18.56.254
EMEA
10.128.33.5 10.132.40.60 AP

Here it will Continued as well.

On Result sheet i required result like:

IP Area

192.170.30.30 AG
194.168.10.20 AG
10.131.37.20 EMEA
10.170.255.255 NA
10.129.36.8 AP

I required result on area column. Here we have more than 50000 IP's but very
difficult to find the area.

Could any one please help me on this issue. How i can resolve the issue

Thanks in advance
Deen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You will have to convert those IP addresses to actual numbers (each
dot represents a power of 256) and then sort the data by start address
to enable you to determine the ranges correctly. Then you would be
able to find the nearest (lower or equal) start address using VLOOKUP,
and then check the end address to see that it is not lower than your
sought address.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Apr 15, 6:52*am, Deen wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here you can find an Excel VLOOKUP function that works on a list of subnets.

http://trk.free.fr/ipcalc/
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Monday, November 25, 2013 at 4:49:37 AM UTC-6, Thomas wrote:
Here you can find an Excel VLOOKUP function that works on a list of subnets.

http://trk.free.fr/ipcalc/

AWESOME!!!