Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Custom Number Formats for Excel 2007

Hello

I open several Excel spreadsheets daily that include a date/time column.
Every spreadsheet that I open I have to change the column formatting to "dddd
dd-mmm-yy hh:mm:ss". This is not a format built into Excel 2007, is there a
way to permanently add this format to the "Custom" section...or to Excel 2007
in general?

Thanks,
Brian
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Any custom formats you write will be saved with that workbook only.

New workbooks or those opened without the saved custom format will have to
be formatted as you wish.

You could record a macro while formatting and store that in your
Personal.xls

Assign to a button on the QAT

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP