Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Command botton

I need help with Excel 2003. I have different conditional formatting in
columns A through S. I've intentionally left row 2 blank. What I am trying
to do is input additional info into row 2 and have it auto sort that info
into the rest of the sheet according to column B which is alphabetically
sorted.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How about an alternative?

Since you're using xl2003, you can apply Data|Filter|autofilter to your entire
range (don't include empty rows).

Insert the new data any place you want (insert new empty rows if you need to).

Then use the dropdown arrow for the header in column B to sort ascending (or
descending).

===
Personally, I wouldn't want this to be automatic. I'd be afraid of making a
typo in column B and not knowing where that row moved.

Another option if you don't like the data|filter|autofilter approach...

From Debra Dalgleish's site:
http://contextures.com/xlSort02.html#Rectangles
Sort With Invisible Rectangles

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can I put an enter button in that will autofilter the input when I click on
it?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

How about an alternative?

Since you're using xl2003, you can apply Data|Filter|autofilter to your entire
range (don't include empty rows).

Insert the new data any place you want (insert new empty rows if you need to).

Then use the dropdown arrow for the header in column B to sort ascending (or
descending).

===
Personally, I wouldn't want this to be automatic. I'd be afraid of making a
typo in column B and not knowing where that row moved.

Another option if you don't like the data|filter|autofilter approach...

From Debra Dalgleish's site:

Lou825 wrote:

I need help with Excel 2003. I have different conditional formatting in
columns A through S. I've intentionally left row 2 blank. What I am trying
to do is input additional info into row 2 and have it auto sort that info
into the rest of the sheet according to column âœB❠which is alphabetically
sorted.

--

Dave Peterson
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You probably could, but I wouldn't take the time or trouble.

I'd just use the arrows to filter the data to show what I want shown.

If you're sharing this workbook with others and you're trying to make it easier
for them, then I still wouldn't do this.

By not letting them learn how to use those arrows, you're making their lives
much more difficult for any other workbook that would benefit by using this
feature.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

How about an alternative?

Since you're using xl2003, you can apply Data|Filter|autofilter to your entire
range (don't include empty rows).

Insert the new data any place you want (insert new empty rows if you need to).

Then use the dropdown arrow for the header in column B to sort ascending (or
descending).

===
Personally, I wouldn't want this to be automatic. I'd be afraid of making a
typo in column B and not knowing where that row moved.

Another option if you don't like the data|filter|autofilter approach...

From Debra Dalgleish's site: