Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Update Botton

Hello All,

Can user create bottons in excel to do something? If yes How can I create a
botton to update a cell.

Or a VB to update a cell every time I click somewhere.

thx.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The macro part would be an Event Macro, see
but then you wouldn't need a button.

But if you want a button to invoke a macro, you can create
a button on the toolbar (or in a menu) see
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/toolbars.htm
or you can create a shape, right click on it and assign a macro.
--
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

"saman110 via OfficeKB.com" <u35670@uwe wrote in message news:75f7ff5f169e8@uwe...
Hello All,

Can user create bottons in excel to do something? If yes How can I create a
botton to update a cell.

Or a VB to update a cell every time I click somewhere.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Do the following:

1. On the View menu, point to Toolbars, and then click Control Toolbox.
The Control Toolbox toolbar is displayed.
2. Click the Command button icon on the Control Toolbox toolbar.
3. Draw a box on the worksheet. The box has CommandButton lable on the button.
4. Right-clik the Command button and click View Code. The Microsoft Excel
opens a Microsoft Visual Basic Design mode window. Write a procedure for this
command button.
5. On the File menu, click Close and return to Microsoft Excel. This will
return you back to the Excel worksheet.
6. In the Control Toolbox toolbar, click the Design mode icon to exit the
design mode. Only when you exit the design mode, you will be able to click
the command button to execute the procedure associated to this button.

Challa Prabhu

"saman110 via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Hello All,

Can user create bottons in excel to do something? If yes How can I create a
botton to update a cell.

Or a VB to update a cell every time I click somewhere.

thx.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you. It works great.

challa prabhu wrote:
[...]