Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cell formats

Please can someone help me. I have just purchased a netbook, with Windows XP
operating system. Have loaded my Office 2003. Excel works fine, excpet for
one thing. I cannot colour or pattern cells. Format/cells/pattern, define
the cell colour, or the pattern, or both, enter. On spreadsheet nothing
happens, no colour, no pattern for the cell. Strangely, in print preview it
is coloured/patterned! But not on the sheet itself. Have loaded Office
2007, same problem with Excel. And also in Powerpoint, colour the text,
nothing happens, it remains black. But on the slide show, it is coloured!
So I experiemnted with my old Excel 97, it works just fine, can colour
pattern cells any way I want. Can someone advise me on how to colour/pattern
the cells in 2002 and 2007. On my other computer, I can do this, but not on
this netboog (LG). Thanks Richard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Make sure your high contrast video is not turned on:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833258
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001