Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default cell formats

I am using an IF function to compage values, if(a1b1,$d$1,$e$1) where cells
d1 and e1 hold arrow symbols point up and down. The formula definately works
but when copied to rows 2-1000 the symbol appears as a letter or something
other than the originally inserted arrows. Is there a way to reformat the
cells so that the arrow symbols appear the way I hope they will. Thanks in
advance for the help and have a great day.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It may simply be a matter of reformatting the cells' font is "wing
dings" or whatever font worked properly in the original cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1. select a cell that displays correctly and copy it.
2. select all the cells you want to fix and paste/special/formats
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200737