Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default no cells, grey screen, all tabs greyed out

I just opened my spreadsheet (xlsx file), no data or cells are present and
all the tabs are greyed out. The screen (where cells/data s/b present) is
just a grey blank screen. On the very top where the file name s/b in the
border, it just says Microsoft Excel. What has happened? Can I recover my
data?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You need to open a workbook file (the Office icon is not greyed out) or
start a new (use shortcut CTRL+N)
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"John" wrote in message
I just opened my spreadsheet (xlsx file), no data or cells are present and
all the tabs are greyed out. The screen (where cells/data s/b present)
is
just a grey blank screen. On the very top where the file name s/b in the
border, it just says Microsoft Excel. What has happened? Can I recover
my
data?

Junior Member

As suggested, it does work, just a few more things to do, so the whole process is...
Open your file, File, New, Blank Workbook, Window, Arrange, Horizontal, OK. Your data will now be displayed. Close the new file. Save your data file.

McBride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post