stuck

Default My document opens but all I see is a grey screen.

When I open my file it asks to enable the macros and I say yes. Then it
shows opening file at the bottom. However when this is complete and says
ready all I have is a grey screen like when you close your document but have
Ecel open still.
David Jessop

One thought (and only a thought). Try doing Windows, Arranged, Tiled. This
could bring the workbook back. The reason could be that the person saving
the sheet had (say) two screens, Excel across both of them and had the
workbook on the right hand screen when they saved it. If you have only one
screen then the workbook is open, but is positioned where you can't see it.

HTH,

David Jessop