Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLS JLS is offline

Default Does a formula exist that will lookup on ALL tabs, not just one.

I need to lookup a number from one workbook to another, however, I want to
look up the value in ALL 800 tabs, not just the first tab. Is there a
formula that will allow me to look up the value in any tabs within a workbook?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"JLS" wrote:

I need to lookup a number from one workbook to another, however, I want to
look up the value in ALL 800 tabs, not just the first tab. Is there a
formula that will allow me to look up the value in any tabs within a workbook?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Does a formula exist that will lookup on ALL tabs, not just on

I may be showing my ignorance here, but can't you select all the tabs and
then use CTRL F? I don't have 800 tabs, but I do this often. I am also
looking for specific values or text, not formulas.
--
TheTraveler

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

No...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"JLS" wrote:

I need to lookup a number from one workbook to another, however, I want to
look up the value in ALL 800 tabs, not just the first tab. Is there a
formula that will allow me to look up the value in any tabs within a workbook?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No.

800 sheets in a workbook!!!

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 12:45:01 -0700, JLS
wrote:

I need to lookup a number from one workbook to another, however, I want to
look up the value in ALL 800 tabs, not just the first tab. Is there a
formula that will allow me to look up the value in any tabs within a workbook?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That would be "finding" not "looking up" in the sense that OP may be
referring to VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH or similar function.

In your case of "finding" you don't need to select all the sheets.

Just set Find options to Within: workbook.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP