mac@bath

Default date format in Excel

Hi All,
What a wonderful mine of information this group is!!!
Required daily reading to me. Thanks for the great contributions.

Although I have managed to format a cell date (Excel in Office Pro 2000)
with the "day" (e.g. "Friday" - as in dddd, dd mmm yyyy), I am stumped when
it comes to putting a "th" or "nd" or "rd" (as in 1st/2nd/3rd etc...)
Any ideas?
TIA
--
mac

mac@bath

Many thanks to you both.
I just KNEW that someone out there would know this. (But google didn't.)
However...
Having seen the complexity of the answers (especially xldynamics !!) I'm
going to live with the fact that the date at the top of my spreadsheets can
go WITHOUT the "st/nd/rd" !!! I'm not THAT brave with formulae!

Thanks anyway.
--
mac