Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default ADDING COLUMNS FOR COMMON ROWS

I HAVE A BSIC DATA FILE OF 5,000 ROWS AND 30 COLUMNS. IN THE SECOND COLUMN
THERE ARE NAMES OF CORPORATIONS. EACH ROW CORRESPONDS TO ONE MACHINES. EACH
MACHINE HAS NUMERICAL VOLUME IT PRODUCES. THERE MAY BE ONE ROW FOR EACH
CORPORATION OR MANY ROWS FOR A CORPORATION (DEPENDING ON HOW MANY MACHINES
THEY HAVE). I AM TRYING TO ADD THE TOTAL VOLUME FOR EACH CORPORATION. I NEED
HELP!!
--
JG
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try Subtotal option.

1. Sort data by Corporations name
2. Go to Data tab on ribbon
3. In Outline section, click on Subtotal
4. In first dropdown, €śAt each change in:€ť, select the name of the column in
which the Corporations are listed.
5. In €śUse function€ť select the required formula, e.g. €śSum€ť
6. In €śAdd subtotals to€ť list box, check all the fields for which the Sum is
required.
7. Check the box for €śReplace current subtotals€ť
8. Check the box for €śSummary below data€ť
9. Hit OK button.

--
Sheikh Saadi

"JGAVIGAN" wrote:

I HAVE A BSIC DATA FILE OF 5,000 ROWS AND 30 COLUMNS. IN THE SECOND COLUMN
THERE ARE NAMES OF CORPORATIONS. EACH ROW CORRESPONDS TO ONE MACHINES. EACH
MACHINE HAS NUMERICAL VOLUME IT PRODUCES. THERE MAY BE ONE ROW FOR EACH
CORPORATION OR MANY ROWS FOR A CORPORATION (DEPENDING ON HOW MANY MACHINES
THEY HAVE). I AM TRYING TO ADD THE TOTAL VOLUME FOR EACH CORPORATION. I NEED
HELP!!
--
JG

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sheikh,
You are a STUD!! Thanks it worked. How can I sort the subtotals from highest
to lowest? The regular sort feature won't work.
--
JG