Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to password protect multiple workbooks?

My company is implementing new IT security constraints for important files.
I have many Excel Workbooks that need to be password protected. Anyway to do
this for multiple workbooks instead of for each individual one?

Process I am going through now is....

Open File
File Save As
Tools
General Options
Save

Any help would be appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You are better off to lock down directories than to lock individual files.
Files must be done 1 at a time. There are commercial services that cna hack
the passwords for a fee. If you need to change the access you need to change
the password on all files. Directory access is much more secure and easier to
impliment.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson