Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Lock format but allow data entry

Is there any way to lock the format of a cell but allow users to input data?

I have a worksheet that has specific formatting in certain cells (background
color, borders, fonts, # of decimals displayed,etc) but users need to be able
to input data into the cells. I would like to prevent users from copying and
pasting into the cells which would also potentially change the format.

Thanks

Irie!