Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Total percentages

I want to work out the total percentage of 2 sums,
For example
Matthew worked 5 hours stacking shelfs, in this time he stacked 40 shelves,
his target was to stack 10 shelves per hour so his current percentage would
be 80%.
Matthew then works 3 hours cleaning shelves, in this time he cleaned 45
shelves, his target was to clean 15 shelves per hour so on this job he is
hitting 100%.

What I need to know is what formula I need to use to calculate his overall
percentage for the day, taking into account the duration he spent on each
job????

Thanks to all who maybe of help. Cheers
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assume column A contains hours worked, column B is # of shelves stacked, and
column C is goal per hour. Formula is:
=SUM(B2:B100)/SUMPRODUCT(A2:A100,C2:C100)

--
Best Regards,

Luke M