Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Name Format Formula

I have a full name in A1 but I want it to read as: Full Last Name, First
Name Initial.

For example, I would like to convert John Appleseed (a1) to Appleseed, J

Thank You in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use

=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(" ",A1)) &", " & LEFT(A1,1)

This assumes only one space inbetween first and last name.

--
If this helps, please remember to click yes.

"sross002" wrote:

I have a full name in A1 but I want it to read as: Full Last Name, First
Name Initial.

For example, I would like to convert John Appleseed (a1) to Appleseed, J

Thank You in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Handles 1 or 2 spaces, so can deal with
John Appleseed or John X. Appleseed
both result in Appleseed, J

Thanks to Paul C for giving me the one-space solution to toss in with my
2-space solution.

"sross002" wrote:

I have a full name in A1 but I want it to read as: Full Last Name, First
Name Initial.

For example, I would like to convert John Appleseed (a1) to Appleseed, J

Thank You in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank You!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Try

=MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,99)&", "&LEFT(A1,1)

--

HTH

Bob

.