Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Form and protect sheet

Hi - I have a worksheet and colleagues prefer to input data (including new
data) by using the 'Data - Form'. However, if I protect the sheet (Tools -
Protection - Protect Sheet), then the option to create a new record or
delete an old one is grayed out in the form. Is there a way round this? I am
using Excel 2003.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Brian.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe you could provide them with a macro that
Unprotects the worksheet
Shows the Data|form
Reprotects the worksheet.

You could start by recording a macro when you do it manually.

Then you could plop a button from the Forms toolbar on the sheet and assign your
recorded macro to that button.

--

Dave Peterson