Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Creating form on sheet 1 and having info move to sheet 2

Please help....

I am creating a "form" on sheet one and inputting text in 5 cells
Column A Column B
ex. Input Serial #: ____________
Input location: ____________
etc...

How can i get the text in those column b cells to move over to sheet 2 in a
columnar spreadsheet.

Ideally my thought is to have a "button" you would press that would say
"complete" and then the data from those 5 cells would move to sheet 2 columns
a-f row 1, and then those 5 cells would clear in sheet 1 to be able to enter
more data in those same 5 cells which would move to columns a-f row 2.

Hope this is clear enough for you to understand, if not just ask for further
clarification. Thanks!

--
Thanks,
Sharon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dave,

I haven't used macros much, so i am trying to work off the sample workbook
that was used in the website you sent me to...I am just trying to figure out
how to clear the drop down boxes and make them regular empty cells.
--
Thanks,
Sharon

"SHARON" wrote:

Thank you I will try that.
--
Thanks,
Sharon

SHARON wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It would depend on those dropdowns are made.

If you used Debra's technique, then (if I recall correctly), these are just
cells with data|validation. You can clear the contents of the cell with lines
of code like:

worksheets("Sheet1").range("A1").clearcontents
or getting multiple cells at once:
worksheets("somesheetname").range("A1,b9,C13,E44") .clearcontents

If you used a dropdown from the forms toolbar, you can use different code.
Worksheets("sheet1").DropDowns("drop down 1").ListIndex = 0

And if you used a combobox from the control toolbox toolbar, you'd use code
like:
Worksheets("Sheet1").ComboBox1.ListIndex = -1

SHARON wrote:

Dave,

I haven't used macros much, so i am trying to work off the sample workbook
that was used in the website you sent me to...I am just trying to figure out
how to clear the drop down boxes and make them regular empty cells.
--
Thanks,
Sharon

"SHARON" wrote: