Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to multiply time by monitary value

I am trying to use a templete called weekly time shet and I need to multiply
the billable hours by a Rands value and get a Rands value as an answer. Coyud
you help me with the formula. Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you are using a template I would have thought that the formulae would
already be in place.
However a simple =a1*b1 should be enough where a1 contains the hours and b1
the rate. Put the formula in c1.
If you are having problems with the currency aspect and are unable to
display the total Rands value it could be a matter of formatting the value
entries as follows.
Format cells - Accounting - Symbol - R English (South Africa)

--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.

"Philippe Frydman" wrote:

I am trying to use a templete called weekly time shet and I need to multiply
the billable hours by a Rands value and get a Rands value as an answer. Coyud
you help me with the formula. Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

This isn't clear because in your header you say 'Multiply time by a monetary
value' and in the body of your message you mention billable hours.

If we have a time (say) 08:00 in a cell and you want that to equal 8 hors
you must first multiply that by 24 and then by the amount per hour

=(A1*24)*B1
--
Mike

question.