Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Automatically move a set of cells

Does anybody know how to move set of cells so the lowest number plus info in
cells to the right can be to top cells.

Selective Demolition Division 1
LOW
BID Name Low bidder name here
$25.00 Address Low bidder address here
BID Joes
$250.00 3746 So Star Street
BID Tims
$750.00 7538 East long street
BID Erics
$50.00 9837 South 345 East
BID Terrys
$100.00 5849 East Street
BID Jeffs
$25.00 487 East Green Street

--
Thanks Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Highlight all cells, sort smallest to largest

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...a-set-of-cells
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Don't think that will work with the way you have the info entered, so nevermind.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...a-set-of-cells
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A helper column in B
=IF(LEFT(A5,1)="$",VALUE(LEFT(A5,FIND(" ",A5)-1)),"")
for the name
=INDEX(A:A,MATCH(MIN($B$4:$B$44),$B$4:$B$44))
=INDEX(A:A,MATCH(MIN($B$4:$B$44),$B$4:$B$44)+1)
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"bob245" wrote in message
Does anybody know how to move set of cells so the lowest number plus info
in
cells to the right can be to top cells.

Selective Demolition Division 1
LOW
BID Name Low bidder name here
$25.00 Address Low bidder address here
BID Joes
$250.00 3746 So Star Street
BID Tims
$750.00 7538 East long street
BID Erics
$50.00 9837 South 345 East
BID Terrys
$100.00 5849 East Street
BID Jeffs
$25.00 487 East Green Street

--
Thanks Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

--
Thanks Bob

"bob245" wrote in message
Does anybody know how to move set of cells so the lowest number plus info
in
cells to the right can be to top cells.

Selective Demolition Division 1
LOW
BID Name Low bidder name here
$25.00 Address Low bidder address here
BID Joes
$250.00 3746 So Star Street
BID Tims
$750.00 7538 East long street
BID Erics
$50.00 9837 South 345 East
BID Terrys
$100.00 5849 East Street
BID Jeffs
$25.00 487 East Green Street

--
Thanks Bob

Im still having problems
Sorry if I didnt make my self clear at first.

What Im trying to do is,
I have an estimate spread sheet with several columns,
In row (A1) I have the word bid, and in (A2) there is a work description.
Row (B1and B2) (C1 and C2) are left blank.
Row (D1 has the word Bid and D2 has a company name)
Row (E1 is the bid cost and E2 is the company address)
The next several rows are duplicates of D and E rows
Different costs, names and address.

What I hope is possible is to use a formula that will take
The low bid in column A and the Company name in column B and Address in
column B
And automatically move this information to rows B and C with the lowest
bidder in this row

Thanks Bob