Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need a quanity of items printed

I am working with Excel 2003. I am new to excel and having some difficulties.
I Have a form that requires 5 pages be printed out. WhAT I am trying to do is
have a field that updates based on the quantity printed. For example for the
first page printed the field would reveal a 1 and the next page would have a
2 followed by the next page at 3. This would go up to a max of 5 pages. Any
way I can do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try
File | Page Setup... | Header Footer | Select the footer to add from the
drop down.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"DevilDog1978" wrote:

I am working with Excel 2003. I am new to excel and having some difficulties.
I Have a form that requires 5 pages be printed out. WhAT I am trying to do is
have a field that updates based on the quantity printed. For example for the
first page printed the field would reveal a 1 and the next page would have a
2 followed by the next page at 3. This would go up to a max of 5 pages. Any
way I can do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think what you want to do is set up a custom 'footer' that has the page
number in it.

In the main menu choose [View] and then [Header/Footer]. Click the button
that says [Custom Footer]. Click in any one of the sections shown then click
on the 2nd icon from the left (shows a # symbol on it). That's the 'page
number' icon, and it will insert the page number field into the footer for
that worksheet (not on any others not selected).

This will NOT show a '2' if all you print is the 2nd page of that sheet, it
would show a 1. But if you print the entire sheet, it will show 1 on the 1st
page printed, 2 on the 2nd, etc until it hits 5 on the 5th sheet printed.

Hope this helps.

"DevilDog1978" wrote:

I am working with Excel 2003. I am new to excel and having some difficulties.
I Have a form that requires 5 pages be printed out. WhAT I am trying to do is
have a field that updates based on the quantity printed. For example for the
first page printed the field would reveal a 1 and the next page would have a
2 followed by the next page at 3. This would go up to a max of 5 pages. Any
way I can do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See Ron de Bruin's site for code.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#same