Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Double click to send cell to another app?

I have NO clue how this is done, or even if it is an excel command...

But I have a spreadsheet that work has sent me that if I double click on any
cell in the A column, it captures that cell data and sends it to another
window then does an Enter command.

I have looked all through the spreadsheet and I can't find any macro at all,
or anything that might do this. I doubt it is another application because I
setup another spreadsheet to mimic it, and it will not do it, so it has to be
tied to that spreadsheet somehow.

Does anyone have any clue how this works, or if it is not excel, what might
do this?

I am running MS Office 2007 on an XP machine. The only windows open are
Outlook, two web browsers and one excel spreadsheet.

Thoughts?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Have you checked for 'Event' code? Right click the 'offending' sheet tab,
view code and have a look in there on the right.
--
Mike

question.

"Mike Wheeler" wrote:

I have NO clue how this is done, or even if it is an excel command...

But I have a spreadsheet that work has sent me that if I double click on any
cell in the A column, it captures that cell data and sends it to another
window then does an Enter command.

I have looked all through the spreadsheet and I can't find any macro at all,
or anything that might do this. I doubt it is another application because I
setup another spreadsheet to mimic it, and it will not do it, so it has to be
tied to that spreadsheet somehow.

Does anyone have any clue how this works, or if it is not excel, what might
do this?

I am running MS Office 2007 on an XP machine. The only windows open are
Outlook, two web browsers and one excel spreadsheet.

Thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

YOU DA MAN!!!

Mike H, once again you don't let me down.

Thanks boss! I found the code right where you said. I never thought to
look there!

*dances*