Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default tab in a cell

Hi,

How can I put a tab in a cell?. If I press the tab key, the control goes to
the next cell.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use the Indent feature. Look for the icon that looks like a
paragraph, with a right arrow to the left of it.

--
HTH

Kassie

Replace xxx with hotmail

"Maanu" wrote:

Hi,

How can I put a tab in a cell?. If I press the tab key, the control goes to
the next cell.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could use =char(9) like:

="Some text before the tab"&char(9)&"some text after the tab"

But you'll see a little square where the tab character is. Excel isn't much of
a word processor.

Depending on what you're doing, you may find using a table in MSWord easier.

Maanu wrote:

Hi,

How can I put a tab in a cell?. If I press the tab key, the control goes to
the next cell.

Thanks!

--

Dave Peterson