Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Remove 2003 Password in 2007

We have a workbook that was originally created and password protected in
2003. It give the option to open as read only or to enter in the password to
edit the contents.

Now the thing is, we have converted it to 2007 but don't see the option to
remove this password even though we indeed do have the password. I am sure it
is possible but just don't know where to look as it isn't listed under the
Encrypt menu.

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi, !

you need to do a (RE)"save as" (and choose the proper file type)
- when in "save as..." dialog, click the "tools" buttom (bottom-left corner)
- choose "general options..." and (re)enter/erase the passwords (open & write)
- answer yes to overwrite existing file

hth,
hector.

__ OP __