Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Populate cell with a value if another cell has a certain value

All, good morning. i have a issue, i need to populate cell E4 with a value
CX/025966 when cell F4 has a text Bond Street.

Is there a simple way of doin this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

EXCEL 2007

Try:-

=IF((F4="Bond Street"),"CX/025966","")

Thanks.

"B2ORL" wrote:

All, good morning. i have a issue, i need to populate cell E4 with a value
CX/025966 when cell F4 has a text Bond Street.

Is there a simple way of doin this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use IF()

=IF(F4="Bond Street","CX/025966","")

--
Jacob

"B2ORL" wrote:

All, good morning. i have a issue, i need to populate cell E4 with a value
CX/025966 when cell F4 has a text Bond Street.

Is there a simple way of doin this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, but i would like to complicate this further.

I have cell E4 with this formula: =IF((G4="Neasden"),"CX/025966","")
also i have G4 with this: =IF((J4="N"),"Neasden","")
but in Cell J4 i have a choice created from a table N and B, where N is for
Neasden and B is for Bond Street.

Bond Street has a code (like Neasden) CX/026024. So basically what i wanted
is to select N or B in Column J that will output the codes for Bond Street or
Neasden.

Help to solve this...Thanks

"trip_to_tokyo" wrote:

EXCEL 2007

Try:-

=IF((F4="Bond Street"),"CX/025966","")

Thanks.

"B2ORL" wrote:

All, good morning. i have a issue, i need to populate cell E4 with a value
CX/025966 when cell F4 has a text Bond Street.

Is there a simple way of doin this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In cell G4
=IF(J4="N","Neasden",IF(J4="B","Bond Street","")

In cell E4
=IF(J4="N","CX/025966",IF(J4="B","CX/026024","")

Or create a table in Sheet2 as below
ColA ColB
N CX/025966
B CX/026024

and use the formula in E4
=VLOOKUP(J4,Sheet2!A1:B2,2,0)

--
Jacob

"B2ORL" wrote:

Thanks, but i would like to complicate this further.

I have cell E4 with this formula: =IF((G4="Neasden"),"CX/025966","")
also i have G4 with this: =IF((J4="N"),"Neasden","")
but in Cell J4 i have a choice created from a table N and B, where N is for
Neasden and B is for Bond Street.

Bond Street has a code (like Neasden) CX/026024. So basically what i wanted
is to select N or B in Column J that will output the codes for Bond Street or
Neasden.

Help to solve this...Thanks

"trip_to_tokyo" wrote:

EXCEL 2007

Try:-

=IF((F4="Bond Street"),"CX/025966","")

Thanks.

"B2ORL" wrote:

All, good morning. i have a issue, i need to populate cell E4 with a value
CX/025966 when cell F4 has a text Bond Street.

Is there a simple way of doin this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Works a dream, thanks guys for the help.

"B2ORL" wrote:

Thanks, but i would like to complicate this further.

I have cell E4 with this formula: =IF((G4="Neasden"),"CX/025966","")
also i have G4 with this: =IF((J4="N"),"Neasden","")
but in Cell J4 i have a choice created from a table N and B, where N is for
Neasden and B is for Bond Street.

Bond Street has a code (like Neasden) CX/026024. So basically what i wanted
is to select N or B in Column J that will output the codes for Bond Street or
Neasden.

Help to solve this...Thanks

"trip_to_tokyo" wrote:

EXCEL 2007