Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I create an xls for an OTR driver including trips and fees?

My husband is an over the road truck driver, I am in need of a spread sheet
that can keep track of his mileage, load total, fees acrued, places of travel
from pick-up to delivery with drop sites, etc. I am at a loss of how to
achieve this as there are so many variables and was wondering if there are
any templates for anything similar to our needs.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That doesn't seem like many variables to me, and it seems that you just need
all of those attributes as column headings, and then each row defines one
trip.

From your description I was not sure if one trip could include many places
of travel, many pick-up and so, which might mean that you just repeat the
previous row and change the variable.

Of course, the real hearty of the matter is getting information out of that
list, it might just be a simple pivot table, it might be a more complex
table analysis.

Can you give an example of the data that you might want to capture and the
information you want to produce from said data?

--

HTH

Bob

"wolfchild" wrote in message
My husband is an over the road truck driver, I am in need of a spread
sheet
that can keep track of his mileage, load total, fees acrued, places of
travel
from pick-up to delivery with drop sites, etc. I am at a loss of how to
achieve this as there are so many variables and was wondering if there are
any templates for anything similar to our needs.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See if any of these templates will do the trick.

You can always alter them to suit.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...+log&av=TPL000

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP