Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Tab color?

When I set Tab Color, it only puts an underscore of the selected color under
the sheet name.

I would like to change the background color of the tab -- ideally even the
font style and color of the tab name.

Can any of that be done?

I suspect not because when I do Record Macro while renaming a tab and
changing tab color, the normally VBA code is uncharacteristically succinct,
revealing nothing more being done than I can already see, setting only .Name
and .Tab.ColorIndex.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the sheet is active the color is shown only as an underscore.

Inactive sheets show the full tab color.

To change font size requires a change in your Windows Display Appearance and
affects all applications, not just Excel..

Without changing Windows Theme you cannot change font type or color.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 14:54:23 -0700, "Joe User" <joeu2004 wrote:

When I set Tab Color, it only puts an underscore of the selected color under
the sheet name.

I would like to change the background color of the tab -- ideally even the
font style and color of the tab name.

Can any of that be done?

I suspect not because when I do Record Macro while renaming a tab and
changing tab color, the normally VBA code is uncharacteristically succinct,
revealing nothing more being done than I can already see, setting only .Name
and .Tab.ColorIndex.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When a tab has a color, it will display that color only at the bottom
of the tab name if that tab is the currently active tab. If you switch
to another tab, the first tab will display full color.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional,
Excel, 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 14:54:23 -0700, "Joe User" <joeu2004 wrote:

When I set Tab Color, it only puts an underscore of the selected color under
the sheet name.

I would like to change the background color of the tab -- ideally even the
font style and color of the tab name.

Can any of that be done?

I suspect not because when I do Record Macro while renaming a tab and
changing tab color, the normally VBA code is uncharacteristically succinct,
revealing nothing more being done than I can already see, setting only .Name
and .Tab.ColorIndex.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Inactive sheets show the full tab color.

Thanks, Gord and Chip. Wish it weren't that way. I want to refer to the
tab color in a written explanation, regardless of which worksheet is active
when the user is looking at the workbook. I guess I can say "red tab or
red-unscored tab". Some of my users would not equate the two :-(. Oh
well....