Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Specifying template locations

Hi everyone and thanks for any help you can give. One of you guys always has
the answer I need.

I'm running XP Pro and Office 2007.

I have one directory on my C drive called Data Files where I save all my
files for ease of backup. Even my PST Outlook files are here in a sub
directory and Outlook knows where to look for them. Anyhow, I've also got a
sub directory called templates and then further sub directories for Excel and
Word templates I've created.

I've done this for years and never had a problem. Now this morning, for some
reason, Excel can't find my templates. (BTW, Word is OK.) I can't for the
life of me remember how to point Excel to my template directory (C:\Date
Files\Templates\Excel), nor can I seem to locate how to do it in the Excel
Options.

Can someone please help? Also, I have checked my directories and the
templates are still there and openable, I just can't get Excel to see them
from within the program for some reason.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Jim