Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to print the background?

Any simple way to have the background picture be also printed rather than
being only displayed on the screen.
--
Thanx & Best Regards,

Faraz!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Below taken directly from a FAQ from office
The printout doesn't look right.
My printed header or footer doesn't look the way I want.

The worksheet background did not print.

Background patterns that are added to worksheets by using the Background
command on the Format menu are not printed. However, graphics added to a
worksheet by using the Picture command on the Insert menu are printed, as are
cells with patterns or shading that are added by using the Cells command on
the Format menu.

--
Wag more, bark less

"Faraz Ahmed Qureshi" wrote:

Any simple way to have the background picture be also printed rather than
being only displayed on the screen.
--
Thanx & Best Regards,

Faraz!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You need to create a Watermark for printing.

See Bob Phillips' site.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 02:47:01 -0800, Faraz Ahmed Qureshi
wrote:

Any simple way to have the background picture be also printed rather than
being only displayed on the screen.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The easy and best way to do it.

Insert the image in the header of the print layout.

;-)

On Thursday, March 11, 2010 8:58 AM Brad wrote:

Below taken directly from a FAQ from office
The printout does not look right.
My printed header or footer does not look the way I want.

"Faraz Ahmed Qureshi" wrote:

On Friday, March 12, 2010 11:26 AM Gord Dibben wrote:

You need to create a Watermark for printing.

See Bob Phillips' site.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
ASP.NET JSON Cookies and Excel
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...and-excel.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just to update this, the easiest way is as Brad said at the end via the header/footer functions that (in Excel 2010) is Layout Header/Footer

Then you select where you want it (center for example) and click the image insert icon above. Once you insert and the &Picture, you can select it and the design icon becomes active next the the image/picture insert button.

There you can play with the sizing, do a preview;

So thanks to Brad & this article: http://www.ehow.com/how_5908537_prin...ackground.html

I figured this out.