Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default number format

I have a large column of numbers, they all need to be 10 digits long. If
they are less than 10 digits I need to proceed the number with zero's until
each number is 10 digits.
3418
3909867750
3916717360
21972
9064130
4106431176
3919306948
9092768
24976
28241
3914169069
539
7187
29132
3919530745
3908063591
22210
3911589814
28357
3915302636

--
Randy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming the first value is in cell A1 - in cell B1 type:
=VALUE(A1&REPT(0,10-LEN(A1)))
and copy down as much as needed.
Micky

"Randy" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Why not apply a custom format to the cells of 0000000000
That's 10 zeroes
--
Mike

question.